Ironically, I should be in bed nursing my fever which stayed for days but I couldn't sleep... prob got used to waking up early already...sigh...
Have been absolutely busy these few weeks tt I haven't had time to update my blog... ok yeah, prob it just the procrastinating me, heh...
The Move
Took days to shift over to A block during the hols, since I had to start work on the same week, how frustrating... Had to grab Daylene's trolley & Lee Chong's arm to squeeze the oh-so-many things into CJ's room... so yeah, it's all cluttered & squeezy (inside AND outside)... with 2 monitors on the table, tons of food & millions of boxes, heh... felt really bad when I had to displace her to the sleeping bag, but had a good time hanging out with a roommate for a few days... just like the jc days... err maybe not, bad experience with ex-roommate, haha...
Rocker's Supper
That was madness... never seen so much food for 9 people before... like 9 trays of them?? haha, didn't even get to touch any of the food I tapaoed (which Laremy thankfully requested for a few days later, phew)... Glad to know the choc fruit fondue was well-received (recipe stolen from Charlie, betta give him credit....ginza's cheap choc slab rawks!)... which adds to my measly list of hall supper repertoire of apple swans & pre-mix brownies, hahaha... i know, can't cook for nuts la... i'll prob just end up hiring a maid for tt... or marry a damn good cook!
A Week of White Jackets
Yup, got the internship I wanted (yay!) so I only spent a week attached to Tan Tock Seng Hospital (and no, i don't see any SARS patients around)... Pretty nice ppl there... Only managed to see the Inpatient pharmacy and the Wards... They have a pretty kewl internal tube system tt sends tubes of documents, lab vials and medications to their respective wards... and automated machines carrying food & beddings to each floor, impressive...
Met many types of patients during ward rounds... mainly diabetes patients which my preceptor was in charge of... it's quite a sad sight knowing tt many of these older patients & multiple complications and have their legs amputated due to grangrene (bad circulation reduces sensation of their limbs, so they are usually unaware of any cuts and bruises tt may get severely infected)... And meds they're on... a whole list of them... at least 10-20? sad... especially when u see lots of them staring into space with a pained expression... pharmacists, docs n nurses here cope with the grimness of the situation (especially in ICU) by taking everything on a lighter note (the jokes they can crack, aiyooo... horizontal vs. vertical discharge?) or else they'll get seriously depressed man...
Anyway, there were lotsa MO's (medical officers) ... bunches of groupies following one doc around... if I was the patient I prob would have been v uncomfortable having 10 ppl scrutinizing me & prodding me around... hmm at least we looked better in our pseudo-pro white jackets vs. their unwashed labcoats, haha... i'm biased...
First Week of Power Suits
Janssen-Cilag... This is where I'm currently working (pronounced Yansen-Silag... yeah I know, I went "huh??" when the person called me for an interview.. some German company) ... the pharmaceutical division of Johnson & Johnson (now I see tt look of recognition on your face)... for industrial attachment... well, marketing-based lah... market research on a leukemia medication (blank look again?)... So i get to wear power suits (or more like work for one, haha) ...
Mighty glad I took up the internship coz:
1. Way better pay (than $5 a day... duh)
2. Much more interesting work, tho insanely challenging (vs. packing, packing, packing drugs)
3. Get to learn about pharm sales & marketing
4. Get to meet power ppl (who can also be krazee)
5. Get to work in an office room (not cubicle)
6. Free lunches (was last treated jap buffet lar, yum)
7. Transport & phone bill covered
So will be stuck here for the whole hols earning my first proper pay... but I'm not complaining, heh... For now, life is good :oD
More info on the internship next entry... shd get bk to sleep
P.S. Am starting to like FIR.. haha can imagine olea nodding her head... someone help enlighten this pseudo-ABC on Liu Lang Zhe Zhi Ge? heh
Have been absolutely busy these few weeks tt I haven't had time to update my blog... ok yeah, prob it just the procrastinating me, heh...
The Move
Took days to shift over to A block during the hols, since I had to start work on the same week, how frustrating... Had to grab Daylene's trolley & Lee Chong's arm to squeeze the oh-so-many things into CJ's room... so yeah, it's all cluttered & squeezy (inside AND outside)... with 2 monitors on the table, tons of food & millions of boxes, heh... felt really bad when I had to displace her to the sleeping bag, but had a good time hanging out with a roommate for a few days... just like the jc days... err maybe not, bad experience with ex-roommate, haha...
Rocker's Supper
That was madness... never seen so much food for 9 people before... like 9 trays of them?? haha, didn't even get to touch any of the food I tapaoed (which Laremy thankfully requested for a few days later, phew)... Glad to know the choc fruit fondue was well-received (recipe stolen from Charlie, betta give him credit....ginza's cheap choc slab rawks!)... which adds to my measly list of hall supper repertoire of apple swans & pre-mix brownies, hahaha... i know, can't cook for nuts la... i'll prob just end up hiring a maid for tt... or marry a damn good cook!
A Week of White Jackets
Yup, got the internship I wanted (yay!) so I only spent a week attached to Tan Tock Seng Hospital (and no, i don't see any SARS patients around)... Pretty nice ppl there... Only managed to see the Inpatient pharmacy and the Wards... They have a pretty kewl internal tube system tt sends tubes of documents, lab vials and medications to their respective wards... and automated machines carrying food & beddings to each floor, impressive...
Met many types of patients during ward rounds... mainly diabetes patients which my preceptor was in charge of... it's quite a sad sight knowing tt many of these older patients & multiple complications and have their legs amputated due to grangrene (bad circulation reduces sensation of their limbs, so they are usually unaware of any cuts and bruises tt may get severely infected)... And meds they're on... a whole list of them... at least 10-20? sad... especially when u see lots of them staring into space with a pained expression... pharmacists, docs n nurses here cope with the grimness of the situation (especially in ICU) by taking everything on a lighter note (the jokes they can crack, aiyooo... horizontal vs. vertical discharge?) or else they'll get seriously depressed man...
Anyway, there were lotsa MO's (medical officers) ... bunches of groupies following one doc around... if I was the patient I prob would have been v uncomfortable having 10 ppl scrutinizing me & prodding me around... hmm at least we looked better in our pseudo-pro white jackets vs. their unwashed labcoats, haha... i'm biased...
First Week of Power Suits
Janssen-Cilag... This is where I'm currently working (pronounced Yansen-Silag... yeah I know, I went "huh??" when the person called me for an interview.. some German company) ... the pharmaceutical division of Johnson & Johnson (now I see tt look of recognition on your face)... for industrial attachment... well, marketing-based lah... market research on a leukemia medication (blank look again?)... So i get to wear power suits (or more like work for one, haha) ...
Mighty glad I took up the internship coz:
1. Way better pay (than $5 a day... duh)
2. Much more interesting work, tho insanely challenging (vs. packing, packing, packing drugs)
3. Get to learn about pharm sales & marketing
4. Get to meet power ppl (who can also be krazee)
5. Get to work in an office room (not cubicle)
6. Free lunches (was last treated jap buffet lar, yum)
7. Transport & phone bill covered
So will be stuck here for the whole hols earning my first proper pay... but I'm not complaining, heh... For now, life is good :oD
More info on the internship next entry... shd get bk to sleep
P.S. Am starting to like FIR.. haha can imagine olea nodding her head... someone help enlighten this pseudo-ABC on Liu Lang Zhe Zhi Ge? heh
No comments:
Post a Comment